The longest hour of my life
disclaimer: do not take notice about what you are about to read
maybe i exaggerate but just an hour ago, the electricity in my apartment was suddenly down. Yes i paid the bills etc. For a moment, i wondered what i could do. No internet, no tv, couldn't cook on the stove, couldn't take a bath coz heater wasn't working, couldn't read a book.. etc etc. So i just cuddled up in bed and tried to take a quick nap. But i wasn't really sleeping of course, just thinking. I could have used that time to meditate about life around me, whether my life is any worthwhile. Then i got to think, why do i detest my home country so much. I recalled a recent conversation where i proclaimed that i hated Singapore, i could go on and on finding faults with the system but it wasn't justified as hate. The more i feel dissatisfied with the world, everything, the more i complain. I shouldn't even be complaining. I have a decent job, i feed myself adequately, i am beginning to enjoy Boston somewhat, i do things which i enjoy - tennis, reading and music, what more can i ask for? It's really selfish of me to complain about the slightest things when i am so fortunate. My mum told me this morning, when things happen, they happen, its no use getting so upset over small things. If things are meant to be, they will work out. This is true. I just need to chill. I need a break from mundane city life. Maybe its time i start my plan to be a recluse. In the meantime, i'll have to practice my meditation.
Labels: rant
shouted by yell @
8:28 PM