was reading the forum pages in our ever so politically-correct local newspaper about the
lack of inter-racial mixing in schools. To be frank, i never had such a problem since everyone in my single-sex school was chinese. Though i never had neighbours of other race etc... i never encountered any cultural backlash while mixing with other people in my later years of education.
In fact i dare say that i am more conscious of what i say, or do in front of my frens of other races. I learn alot about their culture and share the differences in mine.. this way, all of us gain something. :) I am ashamed to say this, sometimes i feel that i have better frens in my malay frens. no offence to the chinese but the way i see it, my malay frens DO not judge me by my background or who i associate with etc. They take me for who i am, i shed off all pretences when im around them coz i know that they are who they really are. No masquerading behind that mask or faux display. Now at work, things become so clear now since i work in a multi-racial environment. I didn't forsee any problems at the start and i still don't. They are frank with me as i'm frank with them. I get to speak 'proper' english too. sometimes i think i fail at being a chinese coz i dun noe any dialects and my mandarin sucks. oh well.
shouted by yell @
1:33 AM